What Could Happen To Your Body If You Eat Mold by Mistake

Picture this: you finally take the first bite of your favorite sandwich and realize the bread’s covered in mold! This has probably happened to you once or twice, and you likely worried about the possible consequences. And, in fact, there are a few different ways the body can react to this.

We learned all about the negative effects mold on food can have on the body. And as a bonus, you’ll get a list of products that are safe to eat after scrubbing the mold off them.

Some mold can damage your liver.

What Could Happen If We Eat Mold by Mistake
© depositphotos.com, © depositphotos.com

There are toxic chemicals that can be found on mold, and they can cause serious health problems like liver damage, vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. Still, this depends on a few factors like your immune system or age. One of the most common and most toxic ones is known as aflatoxin that can even cause cancer.

Luckily, not all moldy food produces this chemical. It can, however, be found on peanuts and field corn.

The bacteria inside the mold can trigger food poisoning symptoms.

What Could Happen If We Eat Mold by Mistake

Mold, by itself, is not that dangerous and the chances of you actually getting sick are low. However, what can make you sick is the bacteria that can grow along with it. In this case, you can experience symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea. Their heaviness will depend on the type of bacteria and the amount of food you’ve eaten.

Prev1 of 3Next

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *