Fitness experts are sure that you can get in good shape without going to the gym. And the exercises that can be performed at home like plank, twists, and squats, are perfect for this. But they may only look simple at first glance — in fact, many people do them wrong. And this can not only affect their effectiveness, but it can also cause health problems.
We learned about some common mistakes people make while performing basic exercises. So we studied the advice of fitness specialists and now we know how to fix them.
The plank is one of the most effective basic exercises that engage all body parts. But the improper performance of this exercise resets all its effectiveness and may lead to problems with the spine.
- The raising of the pelvis leads to improper distribution of the load, which puts too much pressure on the shoulders, causing pain in the neck.
- Deflection in the lower back reduces the engagement of the ab muscles, harms the knees, and may cause pain in the lumbar area.
- Improper head position: Looking up or to the side may lead to cervical osteochondrosis.
The right technique
- Place your elbows right under your shoulder joints, relax your neck, and look down.
- Your legs must be straight, and your gluteal muscles should be engaged.
- Your back should be straight, your stomach should be tightened, and your hips should form a straight line with your shoulders and heels.