3. High knees
The high knees exercise is a cardio-intensive exercise that strengthens all the muscles in your legs, gets your heart rate up, and improves momentum and coordination.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Your hands should be in front of you, bent at the elbows, with your palms facing down.
- Keep your chest up.
- Start running in place quickly, but smoothly, by lifting up your left and right knees to your chest.
- Keep doing this for as long as you like.
4. Chair squat
The chair squat exercise is very effective for your glutes, hip flexors, and quadriceps.
- Place a chair behind you.
- Stand up straight. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart and your toes should be pointing forward.
- Your back should be straight.
- Slowly squat by bending your knees and driving your hips back. Squeeze your glutes. Keep your chest and head up.
- Touch the chair with your butt and then return to the starting position.
- Beginners can try one set of 8 to 10 reps. Later you can do 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.